Friday 9 July 2010

Follow Friday

Very few people who twitter will be unaware of twitters ritual buddy fest that is #ff or #followfriday to the uninitiated

For those of you who do not tweet (which there are not many, because if you are reading this you most probably got here via twitter) it is an opportunity for tweeters to tweet the name of the people who they recommend others follow.

Great time had by all lots of love and back slapping but is 140 characters enough to basically review and promote the people you have followed and talked to for in some cases months or even years?

With the people I follow the answer is no because there is such a broad range of people that I follow sometimes based on one tweet that caught my eye and that person has never tweeted again or based on an ongoing twitter exchange that reads like a conversation between friend or work mates

So I decided to blog my #ff so that I would have the chance to explain why I thought you should follow each of the people I am going to recommend and so that you can make an informed choice!

the #ff are in no particular order

@clairenelson because shes a beautiful Kiwi girl. If you like real down to earth friendly thoughtful and cheerful tweets that DO NOT contain strong language (a rare find on twitter) that she is your girl - She is going to do a run for charity and would appreciate some sponsors but she is also totally in love with.....she is most definitely not a coke smuggling, cage fighting kitten killer! If its kitten killers you want....

@obothe clown because if his avatar doesn't scare you then his tweet will.

@BECKintl because he will draw you tweet and he broke some ribs and found he is missing a kidney - the man needs a break.....of the non-bone type!

@tattyheaded because for a vegan cyclist hes surprisingly un-cunty and very funny!

@Feisty_Onion because her self confessed big arse does not get in the way of her being very funny!

@Ivan_Jelical (Neil Morris) because he never fails to respond to a good morning, and is always charming and thoughtful modest and self-depreciating given that after being told 'you sir are a wanking fuckwit.' tweeted in response QUOTE 'My life is now complete I have achieved all my ambitions !'

@MrMisterMan because was able to post a tweet which was infantile and relating to quantum physics at the same time QUOTE'I think I just did a quantum fart. I did it in 1 room and it could apparently be smelt in an entirely different room at the same time!'

@ManMadeMoon not because he is David Bowies son but because he wrote and directed and phenomenal film 'Moon' and contrary to popular belief is not called Zowie but Duncan!

@pauljchambers and his lovely lady @crazycolours because they are NOT repeat NOT domestic terrorist although he did promise to bomb an airport and she promised to kill all the staff at the local jobcentre plus!

@IanMartin because when you have the job title of 'swearing consultant' for the relentlessly funny 'The Thick of It' you deserve to be followed by everyone who has ever stood in the same room as someone with a sense of humour.

@NeuroSceptic because when asked to promote himself simply said he didn't deserve it well I follow him so he must had said something funny at some point. Also blogged what he thought at the risk of a fan-boy lynching you have to admire his balls even if you cant see them!

@CuntyChoppalops because not only does she have THE name to follow but she is wonderfully outspoken to the point I have had to take a long hard stare in the moral mirror not easy to take sometimes but worth it believe me.

@HumphreyCushion Wonderfully funny, intelligent and daring and beautiful to boot, you will love her and hate her and love her.

@Twistedlilkitty bio-scientist - If you loved Alice in Luther your going to love her!

@Hardyduncan because he has a PhD in in genetics and can cook

@daniel_mayhew because apparently there are funny Australians

@GeeDubya67 for all his protests he is funny!

Last but not least my beautiful, intelligently witty, naughty and soulful sister @Iamagypsy who most definitely has a portrait in the attic along with a few toys!


And for all of you who just see this as a transparent attempt to get people to read my blog - congratulations 10/10 for the psycho-analysis but may I add that it was actually hard work and that self promotion is and always should be shameless!

Finally if you didn't get a mention it means I'm sorry I may well have intended to but sometimes I have to give some attention to my family of 5 my job and my house which resembles a burglary in a charity shop at the moment! xx

@Martin_Carr because I forgot him which makes me an arse!
@DanielNothing because I forgot him too and he deserves better!
@Samjay67 because I forgot to mention him tooooo! Aghh cuts off fingers with a rusty bread knife!

continues next week.......

4 comments:

  1. you are so clever a real joy so glad you are my kith and kin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to that beach shack by the sea and the gin soaked days of laughter sis x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog.. shocked and honoured to discover that I am your marmite of tweeters.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, I already follow quite a few on this list and will add a few more as a result of reading this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had only been on twitter a week when this was published. Now, two years on, I follow most of the people on it. :-) Ghost.

    ReplyDelete