Sunday 4 July 2010

First but maybe not Last Post!

So this is my first blog. How exciting, well maybe not for you but it is for me!

Now as some of you may already have experienced its all very well deciding to write a blog but what the hell do you say and who really gives a toss what you do?

Maybe nobody will read it so I can say 'tit-shag-wank' and no one will care or be shocked - I could write all my darkest secrets and confessions and they would be left to gather what ever is the equivalent to dust in cyberspace.

Whether someone reads or not is not relevant to me as this what will be a personally historic moment in time. Whats relevant is that it is done and it pleases me.

I suppose I need to start with a reason, a purpose...well the reason is simply 'because'. Because it on my list of 100 things to do before I die (and given that I am now approaching 40 and both my mother and grandmother died in their mid 60s it only give me about 25 years ) and then when you consider that one of the other things to do on my list is 'See the Earth from Space' I thought I would get the easier things out of the way first but now I'm here and writing I'm thinking I should have tried to buy the 'Dummies Guide to Astro-physics' first.

My intention was to write about Twitter because that is what inspired me to write a blog, it is where I am going to post this little masterpiece first....'Twitter' that great parallel universe where I have been quoted as saying 'where the Wannabies and the Celebs are united by Ego'

I wanted to write about how Twitter was not what I expected, how my intital intentions for joining have been pushed aside in favour of the reason I go on now...how the reason I go on now, the reason I am totally addicted to 'Twitter' the reason its the first thing I log onto when I turn on my PC - its not the celebrity, its the surreal normality, its the small little everyday comments that range from the banal to the ridiculous - the little connections to other regular people.

But its not a' normal connection its a peculiar connection to the side of people you don't see in day to day situations, its not the external part of them - because most tweets don't come from the public 'us' but somewhere else somewhere inside of us that most of the time we are not permitted to show due to convention and rules and jobs and families.

Twitter is the place where we can be our darkside and our light side at the same time. Where we can say what we feel or don't feel and someone listens or they don't but you've said it because you wanted to so there!

Someone is quoted as saying that twitter is the 'Random Shouting into the Darkness in the hope someone is listening' - maybe it is but there is always someone listening and sometimes they shout back and sometime you can listen until you realise that they are not shouting but singing and if you can care to take a moment you can find a song you like and you can join in.

Twitter is singing and listening to the darkness with the knowledge that a nightingale does not need a response to find joy in its own song and that you do not need to be a bird to find the beauty in its call!


Well there it is my first blog and I dont mind if just one person reads it or a thousand people read it - its one down on of my 100 things to do and only another 99 to go..I already know my #100 is going to need some space training ....so I suppose the next thing I should do is decide what the other 98 thing to do before I die are!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. But reading it again I could have done some secondary editing but I just wanted to get it out of the way! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it. I found the bit about tweets coming from somewhere other than the public self particularly enlightening. I'd never thought about it that way before but you're absolutely right. A beautifully conceived and executed 1st post, I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a blog, in fact, I have two for depending on my mood. I love it writing each post on some random topic. I know my writing isn't a strength as I am a number person and struggle using words to convey my feelings but like you, it is my record of emotions and even when I look back over posts from a few months ago, it can seem a different person was experiencing them as its hard for me to remember that event clearly.
    When you receive a comment its so flattering, not in an egotistical way, I just really appreciate that someone has taken a moment out of their precious time to read about little old me. Regardless of the feedback, I love their comments.

    I love reading other peoples blogs too, such a personal thing to be allowed to do, like reading their diary.
    You shall always have a reader here.
    Cunty x

    ReplyDelete