Sunday 4 July 2010

New trick but not an old dog!

On Sunday I published my first blog. The word blog has been in my peripheral vision for years but I've never considered myself having anything remotely interesting enough to say to write my own and certainly never had the desire to publish an online diary or a blow by blow account of my fairly average life. But 10 years of Big Brother, Friends Reunited, FaceBook and Twitter have changed our concepts of privacy and what is actually interesting enough to share with strangers.

So what compelled me to write a blog today? Well I have been a dedicated twitterer for long enough to get vexed by those who dismiss it as anonymous ramblings and have been become part of it to the extent that it is no longer a means of legitimately stalking celebrity's! Added to this many people that I follow have been brave enough to post their own blogs which has given me enough encouragement to do so myself after all Andy Warhol said everyone would be famous for 15 minutes and who am I to deny him the ability to say 'I told you so!' from his lofty and psychedelic perch.

So why the second blog? Because I'm practicing, I may make a habit of it and I need to fiddle to find out what the hell I'm doing and if that means publishing a load of pointless drivel then so be it.

If you have read this far then congratulations you are the winner of an all expenses paid holiday in Mauritius and a brand new family four door saloon.....not really but thanks for reading anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment